48. B. S. Lee, Y. Lee, J. Park, B. S. Jeong, M. Jo, S. T. Jung, T. H. Yoo, “Construction of an immunotoxin via site-specific conjugation of anti-Her2 IgG and engineered Pseudomonas exotoxin A,” Journal of Biological Engineering, 2019, 13, 56.
47. M. W. Min, C.-E. Kim, S. Chauhan, H. J. Park, C.-S. Park, T. H. Yoo, T. J. Kang, “Identification of peptide inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinase 1 using an in-house assay system for the enzyme,” Enzyme Microb. Technol., 2019, 127, 65-69.
46. A. Achek, M. Shah, J. Y. Seo, H.-K. Kwon, X. Gui, H.-J. Shin, E.-Y. Cho, B. S. Lee, D.-J. Kim, S. H. Lee, T. H. Yoo, M. S. Kim, S. Choi, “Linear and rationally designed stapled peptides abrogate TLR4 pathway and relieve inflammatory symptoms in RA rat model,” J. Med. Chem. 2019, 62, 6495-6511.
45. B. Lim, S. S. Lee, T. H. Yoo, S. Kim, S. Y. Kim, S.-h. Choi, J. M. Kim, “Normal stress difference-driven particle focusing in nanoparticle colloidal dispersion,” Science Advances, 2019, 5, eaav4819.
44. Y.-J. Jang, K.-H. Lee, T. H. Yoo, D.-M. Kim, “Interfacing a personal glucose meter with cell-free protein synthesis for rapid analysis of amino acids,” Analytical Chemistry, 2019, 91, 2531-2535.
43. J. Y. Park, S. H. Park, M. G. Kim, S. H. Park, T. H. Yoo, M. S. Kim, “Biomimetic scaffolds for bone tissue engineering,” Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 2018, 1064, 109-121.
42. H. J. Park, T. H. Yoo, “Nucleic Acid Detection by a Target-Assisted Proximity Proteolysis Reaction,” ACS Sensors, 2018, 10, 2066-2070.
41. J. Park, Y. Lee, B. J. Ko, T. H. Yoo, “Peptide-Directed Photo-Cross-Linking for Site-Specific Conjugation of IgG,” Bioconjugate Chemistry, 2018, 29, 3240-3244.
40. J. Y. Seok, J Yang, S. J. Choi, H. G. Lim, U. J. Choi, K. J. Kim, S. Park, T. H. Yoo,* G. Y. Jung,* “Directed evolution of the 3-hydroxypropionic acid production pathway by engineering aldehyde dehydrogenase using a synthetic selection device” Metabolic Engineering, 2018, 47, 113-120. *Co-corresponding authors.
39. Y. S. Park, U. J. Choi, N. H. Nam, S. J. Choi, A. Nasir, S.-G. Lee, K. J. Kim, G. Y. Jung, S. Choi, J. Y. Shim, S. Park,* T. H. Yoo,* “Engineering an aldehyde dehydrogenase toward its substrate, 3-hydroxypropanal and NAD+, for enhancing the production of 3-hydroxypropionic acid” Scientific Reports, 2017, 7:17155. *Co-corresponding authors.
38. Y.-J. Jang, K.-H. Lee, T. H. Yoo,* D.-M. Kim,* “Complementary cell-free translational assay for quantification of amino acids,” Analytical Chemistry, 2017, 89, 9638-9642. *Co-corresponding authors.
37. S. H. Park, J. S. Kwon, B. S. Lee, J. H. Park, B. K. Lee, J.-H. Yun, B. Y. Lee, J.-H. Kim, B. H. Min, T. H. Yoo,* M. S. Kim,* “BMP2-immobilized injectable hydrogel for osteogenic differentiation of human periodontal ligament stem cells” Scientific Reports, 2017, 7:6603. *Co-corresponding authors.
36. T. H. Shin, S. Lee, K. R. Choi, D. Y. Lee, Y. Kim, M. J. Paik, C. Seo, S. Kang, M. S. Jin, T. H. Yoo, S. H. Kang, G. Lee, “Decreased quality freshness of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells over time” Scientific Reports, 2017, 7:1106.
35. H. F. Son, S. Park, T. H. Yoo, G. Y. Jung, K.-J. Kim, “Structural insights into the production of 3-hydroxypropionic acid by aldehyde dehydrogenase from Azospirillum brasilense” Scientific Reports, 2017, 7:46005.
34. S. Park, H. J. Shin, M. Shah, H. Y. Cho, M. A. Anwar, A. Achek, H. K. Kwon, B. Lee, T. H. Yoo, S. Choi, “TLR4/MD2 specific peptides stalled in vivo LPS-induced immune exacerbation” Biomaterials, 2017, 126, 49-60.
33. B. S. Lee. S. Kim, B. J. Ko, T. H. Yoo, “An efficient system for incorporation of unnatural amino acids in response to the four-base codon AGGA in Escherichi coli” Biochim Biophys. Acta, 2017, 1861, 3016-3023.
32. J. Kim, S. H. Seok, E. Hong, T. H. Yoo, M. D. Seo, Y. Ryu, “Crystal structure and characterization of esterase Est25 mutants reveal improved enantioselectivity toward (S)-ketoprofen ethylester” Appl Microbiol Biotechnol, 2017, 101, 2333-2343.
31. C. H. Heo, M. K. Cho, S. Shin, T. H. Yoo*, H. M. Kim*, “Real-time monitoring of vesicle pH in an endocytic pathway using an EGF-conjugated two-photon probe” Chem Comm, 2016, 52, 14007-14010. *Co-corresponding authors.
30. D. Yang, H. J. Park, T. H. Yoo, “A colorimetric protease activity assay method using engineered procaspase-3 enzymes” Analytical Methods, 2016, 8, 6270-6276.
29. S. E. Kim, K.-H. Lee, S.-W. Park, T. H. Yoo, C. H. Oh, J.-H. Park, S. Y. Yang, Y.-S. Kim, D.-M. Kim, “Cell-free production and streamlined assay of cytosol-penetrating antibodies” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 2016, 113, 2107-2112.
28. C. Q. Zhang, Y. M. Park, D. Yang, T. H. Yoo*, H. C. Yoon*, “Development of a matrix metalloproteinase-2 biosensing system by integrating an enzyme-mediated color development reaction into a common electronics components setup” BioChip Journal, 2016, 10, 198-207. *Co-corresponding authors.
27. K.-H. Seo, H.-S. Chu, T. H. Yoo, S.-G. Lee, J.-I. Won, “Separation efficiency of free-solution conjugated electrophoresis with drag-tags incorporating a synthetic amino acid” Electrophoresis, 2016, 37, 818-825.
26. Y. Ravikumar, S. P. Nadarajan, T. H. Yoo, C.-S. Lee, H. Yun, “Incorporating unnatural amino acids to engineer biocatalysts for industrial bioprocess applications,” Biotechnol. J. 2015, 10, 1862-1876.
25. J. S. Kim, D. K. Choi, S. W. Park, S. M. Shin, J. Bae, D. M. Kim, T. H. Yoo, Y. S. Kim, “Quantitative assessment of cellular uptake and cytosolic access of antibody in living cells by an enhanced split GFP complementation assay,” Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2015, 467, 771-777.
24. Y. Ravikumar, S. P. Nadarajan, T. H. Yoo, C.-S. Lee, H. Yun, “Unnatural amino acid mutagenesis-based enzyme engineering,” Trends in Biotechnology, 2015, 33, 462-470.
23. B. S. Lee, S. Shin, J. Y. Jeon, K.-S. Jang, B. Y. Lee, S. Choi, T. H. Yoo, “Incorporation of unnatural amino acids in response to the AGG codon” ACS Chemical Biology, 2015, 10, 1648-1653.
22. K. Deepankumar, S. P. Nadarajan, S. Mathew, S.-G. Lee, T. H. Yoo, E. Y. Hong, B.-G. Kim, H. Yun, “Engineering Transaminase for Stability Enhancement and Site-Specific Immobilization through Multiple Noncanonical Amino Acids Incorporation” ChemCatChem, 2015, 7, 417-421.
21. J. A. Van Deventer, K. P. Yuet, T. H. Yoo, D. A. Tirrell, “Cell surface display yields evolvable, clickable antibody fragments” ChemBioChem, 2014, 15, 1777-1781.
20. H. Kim, H. K. Yoon, T. H. Yoo, “Engineering β-lactamase zymogens for use in protease activity assays” Chem Comm, 2014, 50, 10155-10157.
19. M. Kim, H.-J. Lee, S. Oh, Y. Kim, H. Jung, M.-K. Oh, Y. J. Yoon, T. H. Yoo, T.-S. Yoon, H. H. Lee, “Robust ZnO nanoparticle embedded memory device using vancomycin conjugate and its biorecognition for electrical charging node” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2014, 56, 33-38.
18. S. Yoon, S. Kim, S. Park, E. Hong, J. Kim, S. Kim, T. H. Yoo, Y. Ryu, “Improving the enantioselectivity of an esterase toward (S)-ketoprofen ethyl ester through protein engineering” Journal of Molecular Catalysis B: Enzymatic, 2014, 100, 25-31.
17. H. K. Yoon and T. H. Yoo, “A novel protease activity assay based on an engineered autoinhibited protein using an enzyme-linked immunoassay” Analyst, 2013, 138, 7164-7168.
16. O. Paley, G. Agnello, J. Cantor, T. H. Yoo, G. Georgiou, E. Stone, “GFP reporter screens fro the engineering amino acid degrading enzymes from libraries expressed in bacteria” Enzyme Engineering: Methods and Protocols, Methods in Molecular Biology, 2013, 978, 31-44.
15. J. Mittal*, T. H. Yoo*, G. Georgiou, T. M. Truskett, “Structural ensemble of an intrinsically disordered polypeptide” J Phys Chem B, 2013, 117, 118-124. *Equally contributed.
14. H. K. Yoon, S. T. Jung, J.-H. Kim, T. H. Yoo**, “Recent Development of Highly Sensitive Protease Assay Methods: Signal Amplification through Enzyme Cascades” Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, 2012, 17, 1113-1119.
13. N. Soundrarajan, S. Sokalingam, G. Raghunathan, N. Budisa, H.-J. Park, Y. H. Yoo, S.-G. Lee, “Conjugation of Proteins by Installing BIO-Orthogonally Reactive Groups at Their N-Termini” PLOS One, 7, e46741.
12. S. Basith, B. Manavalan, T. H. Yoo, S. G. Kim, S. Choi, “Roles of toll-like receptors in Cancer: A double-edged sword for defense and offense” Archives of Pharmacal Research, 2012, 35, 1297-1316.
11. F. Truong, T. H. Yoo, T. J. Lampo, D. A. Tirrell, “Two-strain, cell-selective protein labeling in mixed bacterial cultures” JACS, 2012, 134, 8551-8556.
10. T. H. Yoo*, M. Pogson*, B. L. Iverson, G. Georgiou, “Directed evolution of highly selective proteases using a novel FACS based screen that capitalizes on the p53 regulator MDM2” ChemBioChem, 2012, 13, 649-653. *Equally contributed
9. J. R. Cantor*, T. H. Yoo*, A. Dixit, B. Iverson, T. G. Forsthuber, G. Georgiou, “Therapeutic enzyme deimmunization by combinatorial T-cell epitope removal using neutral drift,” PNAS, 2011, 108, 1272-1277. *Equally contributed
8. O. H. Kwon*, T. H. Yoo*, C. M. Othon, J. A. Van Deventer, D. A. Tirrell, and A. H. Zewail, “Hydration dynamics at fluorinated protein surfaces,” PNAS, 2010, 107, 17101-17106. *Equally contributed
7. E. Schmitt, I. C. Tanrikulu, T. H. Yoo, M. Panvert, D. A. Tirrell, and Y. Mechulam, “Switching from an induced-fit to a lock-and-key mechanism in an aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase with modified specificity,” Journal of Molecular Biology, 2009, 394, 843-851.
6. J. T. Ngo, J. A. Champion , A. Mahdavi , I. C. Tanrikulu , K. E. Beatty , R. E. Connor, T. H. Yoo, D. Dieterich , E. Schuman , and D. A. Tirrell, "Cell-selective metabolic labeling of proteins," Nature Chemical Biology, 2009, 5, 715-717. (Commentary in Nature, 2009, 460, 805)
5. N. Ayyadurai, R. Neelamegam, S. Nagasundarapandian, S. Edwardraja, H. S. Park, S. J. Lee, T. H. Yoo, H. Yoon, and S.-G. Lee, “Importance of expression system in the production of unnatural recombinant proteins in Escherichia coli,” Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, 2009, 14, 257-265.
4. T. H. Yoo, A. J. Link, and D. A. Tirrell, “Evolution of a fluorinated green fluorescent protein,” PNAS, 2007, 104, 13887-13890.
3. T. H. Yoo, and D. A. Tirrell, “High-throughput screening for methionyl-tRNA synthetases that enable residue-specific incorporation of noncanonical amino acids into recombinant proteins in bacterial cells,” Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2007, 46, 5340-5343. (Listed as Very Important Paper (VIP))
2. H.S. Kim, T. H. Yoo, H. Kim, J. Y. Park, B. K. Hur, Y. W. Ryu, and J. S. Kim, “An animal model to evaluate the protective efficacy of Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine”, Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, 2004, 9, 490-494.
1. T. H. Yoo, S. S. Park, E. Y. Bang, H. S. Kim, Y. K. Oh, L. S. Kim, and J. S. Kim, “A method for measuring free polyribosylribitol phosphate (PRP) in PRP-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine using antibody/ammonium sulfate precipitation”, Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2003, 13, 469-472.
Department of Molecular Science and Technology, Ajou University
206 Worldcup-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon, 16499 Korea